Friday, August 7, 2015

Canned Hunting

This is a terrible topic for a place that's supposed to be fun-loving and I'll admit that.

I hope I don't turn to many of my fellow kitty-lovers off but sometimes it's better to face an issue head on.  So, let's just talk about the basics of it.  I know what canned hunting is and I'm sure you do as well.  A long time ago I wrote a lot about it but unfortunately, I've tried to ignore it because it just breaks my heart thinking about it and well- it flat-out pisses me off.  So, let's just think about this for a second...

Somewhere some group is getting people hyper about closing zoos while, in the meantime, a large group of Americans are participating in canned hunting throughout the world.  Just think about that.  People in the USA are more worried about closing a good zoo that actually HELPS animals while some rich Americans (like Palmer) are shooting at lions, zebras or giraffes in some closed in area.  Okay, people actually get off in hunting animals in a closed in park.  Last time I checked that doesn't sound like real hunting.  That is actually the lowest of low, when it comes to hurting the environment.

So you people tell me what the greater evil is- seeing animals thrive at a great place like the St. Louis Zoo or have them freed to end up in some closed in park to have them slaughtered like Cecil.  You tell me- I think the answer should be obvious.  We live in a world where these animals can't be set free- Walter Palmer proved it and Cecil's head is reminder of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment